Last minute headpiecesRead Now
As some of you may know I have been working on a new project.
Part of it was trying out some new molding materials that I plan on using for a
big project that I plan to start moving on in Aug… sorry but that one is all
hush hush till I am done. I promise it will be worth it. This
project however was inspired one night while planning for my week of body
painting at motion notion. I am really proud of how they turned out and would
like to share the process
Stage one was deciding what type of horns to make a friend
requested deer antlers and I decided on impala inspired antlers for
myself. Once I had decided I looked up some pictures and got to sculpting. The freshly sculpted horns ca be
seen in the picture below and are made of a sulfur free oil based clay.
After the plastic was fully cured I was able to crack open my
molds and clean the clay out of the middle. From there I sealed them back
together and poured up the final product with a slightly flexible urethane
Once the horns were out of the mold and the edges trimmed I was
able to paint and start building the headpieces. After making a hue mess in my
kitchen I had finally applied enough glue rhinestones flowers and feathers to
make a finished piece.
In the end I made 3 one with no horns made as a warm up of sorts
while waiting for the weather to be nice enough to paint outside, A
small more delicate pair for my friend and a large all out pair for myself.
Leave a Reply.