First Time Body PaintRead Now
Body painting weather for a party or a photo shoot can be a great way to add something different into the mix. There are 2 main types of body painting. Your painter may prefer brush and sponge or airbrush painting. A skilled artist of either type will get you a beautiful result but as there are differences in the way paint is applied you will want to look at a portfolio to see their style before deciding who to book with.
A few things to think about before booking a painter.
1) Make sure you like the art they have done in the past. If you don’t like anything you see in their book chances are you will not be as happy with the finished result
2) Ask what kind of paint they use. A professional artist will not hesitate to tell you. They should be using an FDA approved (often water or silicone based) body paint.
Expect to pay upwards of 200$ for a skilled painter
Now that you have booked your painter and you are thinking, This is going to be great! Now what?
A few things to keep in mind before you go get painted
1) Get a good night sleep, you may be standing for several hours and it is more tiring than you expect
2) Drink enough water, This will help you feel better throughout the day and prevent fainting
3) Eat something. Eat before your appointment and if you feel you will need it bring a snack for a break during the painting, Depending on the complexity of the design you may be standing for several hours
4) Wear loose fitting clothing, any tight fitting bras or elastic waist bands can leave lines in your skin that make it difficult to paint until they go away.
5) Bring a robe, Useful to cover up with if you need to run out of the painting area before you are finished.
6) Bring a friend, family member or significant other. This will help you feel more comfortable without clothing in a room full of strangers.
7) Bring your favorite music. Most painters and photographers are happy to work to music and if your favorite tunes help you relax the final product will be even better
8) Do not hesitate to tell your painter if you feel like you need a break for any reason, nobody is going to be bothered by this and your painter will likely ask if you are alright a lot throughout the session, if you are not just say so.
9) Remember this is supposed to be fun so have a good time and play with it.
Body painting can be a long process and seem at times to be a daunting task but with a skilled painter and a happy model you can achieve some amazing results.
Leave a Reply.